Claitec - PAS Pedestrian Alert System
Claitec is a business unit of the Spanish Icnita Safety Group that specialises in the implementation of industrial safety and accident prevention solutions, especially when driving fork lifts.
17,6% of all industrial accidents are accidents with fork lifts. Over 25% of those accidents involve pedestrians !
The PAS Pedestrian Alert System minimizes the risk of accidents between fork lifts and pedestrians in common work areas. Pedestrians carry electronic RF-tags that are detected by the RF-receiver on the fork lift, which alerts the driver of eminent danger.
The Pedestrian Alert System is a solution that warns the driver when the system detects a pedestrian within an adjustable distance of 1 to 6.5 metres. Pedestrians have to wear at all time a transponder (tag) that alerts the driver for a potential human risk.
Possible warnings for the driver :
- Flash light in the driver’s cabin
- Braking of the fork lift - "creep speed" (possibility depends on the type of vehicle)
- Acoustic alarm
Most important characteristics of Pedestrian Alert System :
- Detection of pedestrians in the forklift’s proximity
- Front detection from 0.5 to 6.5 metres (depending on specific company circumstances)
- Rear detection from 0.5 to 6.5 metres (depending on specific company circumstances)
- Lateral detections of up to 4 metres
- Durable and robust system components.
- Easy to install
Areas of application:
- Poor visibility areas when driving backwards.
- The use of fork lifts by truck drivers in loading and unloading zones
- Work spaces with poor visibility on crossings with pedestrians and fork lifts
Advantages of the Claitec PAS solution :
- Increased levels of prevention in high-risk areas
- Extra tool for save driving
- Reduction of your costs
- Additional differentiation between obstacles and people not found in other comparable systems (i.e. ultrasonic detector SIS CySens).